Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 7, 2022

Fairy Tale Time

Hidey ho, furriends!

This photo made me think of fairy tales and I'll tell you why:

Bridget sleeping on umpteen beds reminded me of the Princess and the Pea...

Then, I realized there was another fairy tale this photo brings to mind:

Rapunzel!

The tail being the way to a locked-away princess' heart. The prince climbs up, wakes her up and...oh, wait...that's a whole other fairy tale...sleeping beauty!!!


All these imaginings almost made me forget this is Monday!

Have a good week!


11 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Bridget is very comfortable on her nice deep bed. The fairy tail is worthy of Rapunzel.

Eastside Cats said...

Hahahaha, Tom!
If Bridget only knew you were contemplating her tailio like that!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Fairy Tale Monday--you could do it every Monday!

Furries said...

Such a lovely, floofy tail.

The Island Cats said...

I’m sure Bridget wouldn’t want anybuddy climbing her tail!

pilch92 said...

Such a sweet princess. I love that story. I bought a painting on Etsy of a cat on top of mattresses with a pea on the bottom.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Bridget definitely looks like a sleeping princess.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....heerz two a grate week a head two all oh ewe az well....one good tail....leedz two nother huh ;) ☺☺♥♥

meowmeowmans said...

Bridget is Princess Rapunzel and the Pea!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie is envious of tails like that. Hers is SOOOOO short!!!

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVED this! Bravo! Seriously.