Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Back Scratching Time!!

Hi, furry folks!

I have to tell you - the housekeeper gives the best, I mean the best back scratches. It's the only thing that makes me getting my eye drops even halfway bearable. 

Some people might call it a song and dance and they might be right, but it's funny how she'll set up the towel on the table, then come after me. I run (I'm not stupid and not about to give in without getting something out of it). I find the nearest rug and wait...


She approaches, crooning the whole time about how cute I am - something I'm well aware of...

Reaching down, she begins to scratch my back in the most heavenly way possible.


Ahhhhhhhh..........

She then picks me up (with a grunt - really, I'm not THAT heavy) and I'm off to get that drop into my right eye. I get two a day, so we get to do this all over again later on!! 

Lucky me! (sort of)

Hope you get a good scratch in for yourselves this week!

~~Tom



10 comments:

Smudge said...

Oh Tom, these photos of you are just delicious! Back scratches, belly scritches, chin rubs- what's not to love about 'em? It's one of the reasons I allow mom and dad to sit with me. One of the dogs dad helps take care of at work loves to stand right next to dad- like, literally right up against him- because dad will just pat, rub and scritch him indefinitely as long as he's standing still.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is worth putting up with those icky eye drops in return for wonderful back scritches.

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, if we didn't know better, we'd think that you LIKED this process!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....never forgetz if ya wanna hide out in trout towne...ya can...sure we R selvez due knot noe wear it iz.....but ewe can hide out anyway :) ☺☺♥♥

Furries said...

It's wonderful that you've been able to coerce your human into giving you delightful back scratches before your eye drop.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure have it made, such a fun happy to enjoy every day!

The Island Cats said...

So she bribes you with a back scratch, Tom. :)

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I think Tom makes more of a fuss about the eye drops than is warranted just for attention.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, at least you get something good in exchange for taking those drops, Tom! :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

At least the eye drops are delivered with something you love!