Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 14, 2022

Nip with a New Scratcher Prompts Idea for Humans

Hi, folks!

The housekeeper bought a new scratcher for me and I'm over the moon..yeah, I guess, due to the scratcher, but the "over the moon" part is due to the fresh (and I mean fresh) catnip that came with it.

It got me to thinking about humans and how they buy stuff and really don't get anything to go with it so they enjoy it more. Take dishes. Wouldn't it be nice if a yummy food coupon came, the kind for food delivery, tucked into a set of dishes? Or, how about buying a car and getting your tank filled for six months? Okay...make it a month..cheapskate! Hahaha!

Anyway, the new scratcher and nip made my weekend and here are the photos to prove it! 




Whew! 

Have a super duper nippy week everyone!

11 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, I think you've got a good idea!
Enjoy your new scratcher; Da Boyz have just about destroyed the double-wide one that was a replacement for the original double-wide; think I've got to find a new one that will last longer.

catscue said...

What a good idea Tom! Enjoy your new scratcher and nip cute boy.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Glad you are enjoying your scratcher and nip!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood that scratcherz awesum !!!! 984 pawz UP two yur mom purrson for buyin it for ewe...and...yur sisturrz ?? !!! ☺☺♥♥

& noe joke, bak in 1389 in de food servizz gurlz yooth, HER mom uzed ta buy laundree soapz and inn side de box waza glass or spoon ore sum thin :)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun, Tom.
When we used to buy a new car it came with a full tank of fuel. Now you are lucky if the needle reaches 1/4 full!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That looks like the purrfect scratcher for you indeed!

pilch92 said...

That is a nice scratcher. Looks like you had a fun weekend.

The Island Cats said...

That is one pawsome scratcher, Tom. But take it easy with the nip. You don’t wanna overdo it. ~Ernie

meowmeowmans said...

We love your thinking, Tom! And that scratcher looks awesome. Enjoy! XO

Katie Isabella said...

TOM! Do you invite gorgeous guests with half a mustache to visit your new scratcher, if said gorgeous purrson promises not to ravage the scratcher?

Smudge said...

Ooooh, a new scratcher and a 'nip bonus! Life is good, Tom, life is good.