Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 28, 2022

 *rushes in* Is it time for another post already?

Housekeeper: It's Monday, Tom.

Oh. Sorry, folks. Whatcha got in mind for today, oh housekeeper Julie?

HJ: I guess nothing, really, except it's the last day of February. A packed week is ahead with Lent looming, Fat Tuesday (tomorrow, I think) where you can eat all you want, Ash Wednesday...

Hold it right there. Good thing I caught up on sleep yesterday!

HJ: Yeah, good thing. What are you giving up for Lent, Tom?

Compliments. I'm giving up compliments. 

HJ: Get that grin off your face..you rascal!


I'm loved so I can say anything I want!










11 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are looking rather smug thinking of all those comments you won't have to give, Tom.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, Tom!
What a comedian you are!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....we think we will give up......TURKEE !!!!!! ;) ♥♥

happee week a head two ewe all ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You can say anything you want Tom, but will it get posted?!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We love that face, you sure made us smile!

pilch92 said...

You can't give up compliments. You are too cute. I was hoping to see you in Mardi Gras beads. XO

The Island Cats said...

I think you should give OUT compliments for Lent, Tom. :)

meowmeowmans said...

HAHA. Good one, Tom!

Smudge said...

What a silly face, Tom!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

OMC love that face!!!

Katie Isabella said...

That face is a good one!