Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 21, 2022

The Busy Week is Over

Hello, furriends!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy this is Monday. We had cat cousins visit us and they stayed and stayed and stayed until yesterday...I thought they would never go home and I didn't like them taking over my turf!

Well, they didn't exactly take over, but they got more attention than I think they deserved and even though I tried to be a good host, it was touch and go for a while. Here are some photos to share..a handsome lot, both mancats and some might say, pretty striking!


I think this photo of Mr. Peters is funny since it looks like he has stubby legs..! 

I really shouldn't make fun. Poor guy has to take all sorts of meds since he's suffering from heart failure and has to have a shute-full dispensed twice a day, before meals. Nobody knows how long he has, but we're hoping he'll be around for a long time yet. Hang in, good buddy! 

Here are some more pics:

Chewzy, the other boycat seems to like to adapt his surroundings to him, not the other way around!

Like, who needs this cave? It's much more comfortable to be sat on!



Ssssshhhhh! No wakey-wakey!

The housekeeper can't wait to have them back. I say we're in no great hurry. It did break the monotony for a while, I must admit and since they're relatives, we have to be gracious, no matter what. 

All for now from Destination Hangout!




10 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

They are two handsome boys. I hope you all were nice to them, or did they have separate living quarters? I know there is no way that Flynn would have had anyone to stay, relatives or not! Eric would probably have been more easy going about it.

The Florida Furkids said...

Your cousins are a handsome pair of ManCats.

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, your hosting duties will get easier as it happens more!
We will purr for Mr. Peters; our Celestial Chuck had a similar issue.
Chewzy, inside or on top...as long as you are comfy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's nice to see those sweeties and I'm sure you're glad to have your space back.

The Island Cats said...

How nice of you to host your cat cousins. I don’t think I would be as gracious. ~Ernie

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

It is good to have company and have a change of pace now and then. Doesn't sound like there was too much aggravation overall.

pilch92 said...

They are both cute. I will pray for Mr. Peters. My Emmy also takes a lot of heart meds daily.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe mizturr peters & chewzy; ewe both iz two handsum doodz !! we hope ewe N joyed yur time with de cuzinz and mizturr peters; sum st francis' blessingz two ewe ~~~~ ;) ♥♥

meowmeowmans said...

That was really nice of you to host your cousins, Tom! They are almost as handsome as you. Almost.

catladymac said...

We are glad you tried to be understanding, especially of the kitty with heart failure. As Ben Franklin said "Fish and guests stink after three days,"