Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

ML Means Love



I’ve added my comments to all of the other ones scattered around the CB in tribute to ML and all she does for us. That wasn’t enough for me, I wanted to do more, so I sharpened my quill (don’t ask where the rest of the bird is) and put together a tribute of my very own.

Here's a little rhythm and rhyme for the occasion:

(cue the CB orchestra)

From Father Tom to ML

I think I'll curl right up and find myself a letter,
I think I’ll pick an M to describe the Many ways
That ML of the CB makes things better;
We add an L which says she’s Loved these many days
With daily words on the CB
Providing news for you and me
We'll say a big thank you and never forget her!

ML, will you dance with me??

Hugs,
Tom
xxxx

15 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Great tribute!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Tom, are you flirting with ML or KC? :)

Very nice tribute to ML. Very original too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was totally T Terrific, just like ML!!!

Cathy Keisha said...

Beautiful poetry. How very talented. xoxo

Mr Puddy said...

OMC !!!! Father Tom, This is so romantic post !!!
I'm sure ML will say " Yes "

xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, Tom, ML is gonna LOVE this post. We just know it!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Yay for ML and KC - they are such super friends.
Thanks coming back to my party. With 84 comments and just over 80 visitors we manage to raise $42 for The Cat Protection Society. Next year we hope to raise more, expecially if my SS manage to get a permanent FT job.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I love the Labor of Love theme for this weekend. I saw someone had written.."It's a shame when we say, 'I have to go to work.'" It's the have to part. Not everyone loves what they do and when they do, they shine, like ML and KC..
And..I always imagine music with any celebration, so I got together the CB orchestra for our little tribute. I'm glad you like it.

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Tom
xoxo

Marg said...

That is such a great tribute to ML. We love the song and it is so great when you asked her to dance Tom. That is the best. Take care.

The Island Cats said...

What a great poem for ML! We love her too. She does so much for the CB!!

Hannah and Lucy said...

That is a lovely tribute to ML Tom - we hope you enjoyed dancing with her.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Fluffy and Heather said...

We love the personalized touch. Nothing like a poem to get the tears flowin'! :)

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

We love this tribute. It validates how wonderful the cat lover community is. Purrs to you and your mom.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

That is beautiful.
Wow...
Of course Mommy ML and I will bof dance with you, Father Tom. Just watch your paws 'cause Mommy ML does sumfing more of a stomp than an ackual dance.
Hee hee.
Love & Purrs & Many Fanks,
KC

Tamago said...

That is so lovely, father Tom! How can ML say "no"
to dancing with you?