Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Mighty Jungle




Does anybody have a tabletop lawnmower?

It's not easy living with greens up the purrtootie. Good intentions have turned into a mighty jungle. Give me a break! I can only eat so much grass!





I think I've been most appreciative. If you look closely, you'll see the jagged edges of my grazing. But, you know what? I came across a packet obviously with seeds left over which only means one thing: more grass later. Oh, gag me!!





I know who would love this grass--anybody have a goat..maybe a cow..or even a horsie???

--Tom

20 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

table top lawn mower, MOL :-D
Have a great week-end Tom. You may have to hire some outside help... how about Mr. Bunny that lives behind the big rock near the bush.

BIG bonks

The Island Cats said...

Father Tom, I'm heading over. I know I can help you with all that grass. YUM!!

Wally

The Daily Pip said...

I have rabbit sister. She might help!

Your pal, Pip

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey, Marg has a goat! I hope you have a gag-free weekend pal!

Anonymous said...

And Marg has Donkeys! They eats grass!!! Enjoy your lawn mower duties this weekend.
Kisses
Nellie

Marg said...

Yup we have a goat and even better a couple of donkeys so send that grass right over here Tom. That is what happens when our Mom grows the grass too. Maybe some scissors are in order. Don't know of any other kind of table top lawnmower.

Whisppy said...

Hey. Do you think our rabbits and guinea pigs would like the grass?

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

every time I grow it my cats knock it around until all the dirt falls apart and there are grass bits everywhere. So I've stopped growing it :)

Julia Williams said...

Hey, I think that looks like a mighty fine patch of grass! My three kittehs would be in grazing heaven and would have it mowed for you in no time, MOL.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Tom my brother Ping would love to come over and chow down!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You have too much of a good thing there, Tom!

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Hi Tom,,,, ^..^ Ana here.... Me come ofur and help you ^..^,,,
me HAS! to have my grass Efury morning!
Me don't like when winter comez,,, den me can't find any grass :(
Purrz~

Cara n Crew said...

Tom, I'll send Minnie over. She's part goat and will have your grass mown down in no time. Really, I insist!

~Pip
xo

Mariodacat said...

yummm, I'll come over and help you chomp pal. I don't have any cat grass at my house. It do look so good too.

Oui Oui said...

We'll come over & eat it! There's never too much for us. We just eat it, yak it up then eat some more! And it gives the Mom something to do too.

Fluffy and Heather said...

Delicious grass! Does it taste better, the same or worse than the grass outside? :)

Tamago said...

Ha ha ha it's quite a jungle!! Tabletop lawnmower, LOL!! One of my boys loves to mow cat grass. He prefers mowing to eating and therefore makes a lot of mess :-)

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

You need a garden for all that lovely grass.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Tom, you're a cat. Finicky is a given, maybe a requirement. If you don't want to eat the grass -- don't. You're beans will survive.

Although it might be safer to keep nibbling on it, just a little. Otherwise they might take it away entirely, and you probably wouldn't get it back.

Gattina said...

I think your humans should buy a cow for you, it could help you and also fertilize your (church) yard !