Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Trip: The Beginning

We were scheduled to fly out at 7am. I was packed and cranky.

I have no idea why I was stuffed in with the boots. Do I look like Puss what's-his-name?







When we boarded the plane, I didn't even get a seat. I got a pocket instead, stuffed in with the sky catalog, airline magazine, a chewed up lollipop stick, and directions on how to survive a boo-boo at 31,000 feet. Good thing I can read if I had to save us.






After we landed, it was off to the hotel, or inn which was all nice and Christmasy with fireplace, decorated tree and me with some sort of flower






When anybody came by, I hid






By this time, I was ready to go up to our room. I headed for the bed and found myself tucked in.






While I slept, Julie puttered around, getting ready for our appearance in Oxford at Mystery Loves Company Books. Thankfully, for me my day was done. Besides, they didn't offer mice on the room service menu, so that eliminated any chance of a mid-afternoon snack before naptime.

Mercifully, things finally quieted down.

Zzzzzzz...

Zzzzzzz...

***I just wanted to remind everyone that my cardboard self will be hovering over Julie at her book signing in Milford, Massachusetts on Saturday. I look forward to seeing any and all CB furriends who might be in the area!!

--Tom

20 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well Tom, it looks like quite an adventure so far!

Mariodacat said...

at least you can get some rest tonight before all the stuff happens tomorrow. Hope you sell lots of books.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

No mice on the menu??? What kind of a place has she checked you into? Other than that, sounds lovely. Haf a good trip. xoxo

The Island Cats said...

It looks like you are having some fun, Tom!! But no room service?? Bah!!

TabbyNormal said...

It's good to hide when people come by. Then you can decide if you wanna let them know you're there or not. Especially if they are not very exciting. Or worse, too exciting...

The Cat Guy said...

I think I know where you're staying. I'll see if I can pull some strings and have some fresh mice delivered to your room. I'll have room service set them loose in the room for you, more fun that way!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful holiday, Tom. It looks like a lot of fun, so I hope you find no more aggravations.

Unknown said...

I bet you were ready for some zzzzs after such a busy day.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Tom, that was a pretty good start--nice room/inn!

But if there's a boo-boo at 31,000 feet, nothing's going to save you!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We think you should complain to the chef Tom if there's no mice on the menu. We're glad you had a safe journey.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Quill and Greyson said...

Book signing - how exciting for your human!

Marg said...

Oh yes, Tom you are having such a fun time. We love the Christmasy room. Also loved seeing you all tucked into the bed.Great pictures. Take care.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

no seat (just a pocket) and no mice! oh I hope this trip gets better!! ;)

all in all it looks like a fun trip and I bet you are having a wonderful time 'roughing it'

Team Tabby said...

What, no mice on the menu! After all, you were good enough to endure the airplane, strange room etc. Perhaps you'll get tuna instead!!

Whisppy said...

What an adventure! We hope the hotel bucks up, though.

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, it sounds like a wonderful adventure so far, Tom. But seriously ... what kind of hotel doesn't have mice on the menu? ;)

Hugs to you and Julie!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Good luck on your tour! And I love your hiding spot!

MaryMatthews said...

If I was near Milford, Massachusetts, I would be there! You're a great traveller!

Unknown said...

I hate flying, can you come on the plane with me when I travel? I think I'd feel a lot better then!! :)

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Hey, furriends, I'll share my backseat pocket with allayous!