Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Funnies with Awards





Hi, everybody on this Friday, just two days before the start of a brand new year.

Around here, there's enough sprucing up to put spring cleaning to shame. The housekeeper doesn't like to start a new year "with a mess."

Me, I like to keep things light. I haven't told a joke in awhile. Here's the best of 2011:

A big Texas fat cat (must have been a coon) and a Boston tortie met on a plane headed for Miami. Of course, the big cat wanted to brag about his state. "Texas is in my heart and soul," he boomed. "Our heroes are the bravest men in the world. Did your Boston ever have anyone as brave as Sam Houston?" The tortie thought for a moment and said, "Well, there was Paul Revere." The Texas kitty snorted, "Paul Revere? Isn't he the one who ran for help?"

So, let's see. What happened the last couple of days really blew me away. I received two awards back-to-back! One is the Kreativ Blogger award from my woofie pal in Portland, Oregon. She writes the Sage Chronicles blog which I truly enjoy.



Then, hark! I barely recovered from my surprise at that award when I received another one. The Liebster Award came our way from Andrea and the Celestial Kitties in Ohio. ::blushes:: y'all shouldn't have!




Mercy me! I know the rules are to designate five other bloggers to give the award to which in this case would amount to ten, but honestly, everybody, I've lost track of who's received one and who hasn't. If you feel you want the award to put on your blog, please help yourself, with my blessing.

Hope everyone has a dandy Friday. Our last post for the year will be tomorrow, then we say goodbye to 2011. I wonder what's in store for us in the new year??

--Tom

27 comments:

Cat said...

Hello Father Tom we came over from Marg's to say congratulations on your award. Happy New Year!!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Wonderful and well deserved awardies, Father Tom!!
And the joke, hahaha
I have never been on a plane but I would hope there would be another kitty to chat with.

big bonks for a happy day!

HH and The Boys said...

Congratulations on your wonderful awards... You blog is very deserving.... beautiful. Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max

Marg said...

Oh gosh, I should have read this post before I gave you that award but you deserve it. We sure do wish you a very Happy New Year. Take care.

The Island Cats said...

Thanks for the laughs today, Father Tom! And congratulations on your awards!

Random Felines said...

Concats on the well deserved award!! And thanks for the laugh (though hopefully mom won't get any spring cleaning ideas from you). :)

Mariodacat said...

Wow - two awards back to back. Congratulations pal. When your housekeeper is thru cleaning there, tell her to come over here. M said she could use help in that department.

The Florida Furkids said...

Thanks for the laughs!! That's a great way to start the day!!

ConCatulations on those pawsome awards too!!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Hannah and Lucy said...

Concats on your awards and thank you for the laugh today.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Daily Pip said...

Can you believe 2011 is almost over!! Where did the year go? Congrats on your awards!

Your pal, Pip

Brian's Home Blog said...

Great awards, but y'all really are special! Happy New Year to you!!!

Unknown said...

Loved the jokes! Love that yous gots 2 awards! And We has been cleaning too!
Kisses to yous sweet Tom
Nellie

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa two awards and two jokes. Now that Paul Revere, who I thought had a rock band in the '60s, was warning the British, right? That's what Michelle Bachmann told me.

Whisppy said...

Congratulations on your TWO awards! What a great way to end the year. Our Mommy is all geared up to clean up the house tomorrow!

Julia Williams said...

Concatulations on your two well deserved awards! Loved that cartoon and the joke too.

Happy New Year! Hope to see you soon. =^..^=

Sparkle said...

Concatulations on your well-deserved awards, Tom!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Two awards ... congratulations.. Hugs GJ xx

Unknown said...

Haha Tom you made me chuckle! And good timing as me, the hubby and the kitties have all been curled up on the sofa enjoying 'the History of the USA' series over the last few days, so it was only a few days ago that I learnt who Paul Revere was!
Concats on the well deserved awards too

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Hi Father Tom , WOW! 2 Awardiez you certainly are Amazing, and definately dezerving ^..^ Concatulationz :)
Happy New Yearz to you, Mittenz & Mom Julie
Purrz buddy~ ^..^

Katnip Lounge said...

hahameow! We like your jokes, Tom.

ConCATS on TWO awards! You deserve 'em both...'specially now since you are "dealing" with Mittens! How is that little rascal, btw?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that was a super good joke! And I liked that cartoon, too.

Congratulations on your awardies! You deserve 'em both BIG time!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Two well deserved awards Father Tom!
Good cartoons too!!!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Admiral Hestorb said...

well deserved awardies dear Tom. I hope not too far in the future I wil have a new kitty for you to meet.

xoxox

Mom Carole

Oui Oui said...

Concats on your awards! What a cute joke. We loved it. Have a safe New Years Eve and a fabulous New Year!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Two awards! Congratulations!
Happy New Year!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Concats on your awards! We can't wait to see what it has in store fur you and us too!

Clooney said...

Congrats on your award folks, you are most awesome and dear!