Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 30, 2022

Early Morning Vigil

 Hello, furriends

This post is going to be quick because I have to get back to my post. There's been a lot of outside activity around here lately and even though we're inside kitties, there are still enough windows for us to keep tabs on who comes around.

This is where we're stationed in the living room this morning. The housekeeper said the deer have returned and are sleeping right by one of our big bushes. I haven't seen them, but a neighbor said last year a mother and her fawn were seen crossing our yard after sleeping here overnight.




We have three big windows facing east where I'm sitting and Bridget seems to always take charge of the south side. Sometimes we'll hear something and try to figure out which window will tell us what or who it is! 

If Bridget stays downstairs, it's probably another cat or animal. If she rushes up the stairs to the attic, then a human has come to the door. It's kinda funny..!

Have a restful day furriends. We're hoping there won't be too much foot or paw traffic today.

10 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You both have a very good view from your respective windows.

Eastside Cats said...

Stay on guard, kitties!

pilch92 said...

You are great guard cats. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Lookout Monday sounds like it is kind of fun!

The Island Cats said...

You are good neighborhood watch cats.

Lone Star Cats said...

Looks like y'all have a great view!

Ramblingon said...

You three and me. We are all related I think. I have been doing the same here at this house Now I don;t have deer to look at just now..but frequently I do. There is a maurauding cat that keeps showing up and I was off on another bender of trying to pull the mini blinds down.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz….deer bee vizshuz….plane N simplee vizshuz….tell mom ta keep
an eye on her shrubree…yeow…..happee week a head 😺

meowmeowmans said...

You two really have that guarding stuff down to a science, Tom and Bridget! XO

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

We are impressed by your guard kitty capabilities!