Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, June 6, 2022

Shelter Cats

Hello furriends!

June is Adopt a Shelter Cat month and I can't say it enough times: We former shelter cats are so grateful that someone did that for us! I don't think the housekeeper ever contemplated doing anything different. Just think, if humans adopted a shelter cat, they could never be accused of looking for love in all the wrong places. There's nothing wrong about saving a furry one!

But, not all cats come from shelters. I did, but Bridget came from a dump and Penny wound up in our yard and try as we might, no owner was ever found. So, we can't forget those kitties who come into our lives from places out of the ordinary.

Bridget: Did I come from a dump? Really?

Me: Yep. And, don't you forget it.

Bridget: How do you figure?

Me: The housekeeper found out that a mother cat had kittens where she took an old desk to throw away and you were one of them.

Bridget: You just never know where you're going to wind up on this Earth, do you?

Me: Nope. You're one lucky cat to be with hunky, irresistible me!

Bridget: Don't push it, buster!


Go out and rescue an irresistible cat today!

~Tom


5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Rescued is our favorite breed, and we'll have no other.
That being typed, we also know that we humans don't pick the cat; the cat picks us!

pilch92 said...

My Penny also appeared in our yard. All my kitties are rescues from a shelter, my yard or a friend's yard plus my 2 newest were from a fellow blogger who had passed away.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Shelter cats are shelter cats even in they hadn't made it to the shelter yet, a save is a save!

Lone Star Cats said...

I'm a former shelter cat too - I wuz born in da pound!

meowmeowmans said...

Rescuing is rescuing, and we are glad you sweet pals are in such an amazing and loving forever home! XO