Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 9, 2022

That Cat Can't Smell!

Hi, furriends!

We have a surprise in our post today!

Our first real show of spring. This was taken right after a morning rain.


Here's another flower with...*gasp* a kitty that's not any of us!


She does look a little like Penny, though, doesn't she?


Bridget and I'll be sharing our adventures next week!

Happy spring!

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, I attended a wildflower walk yesterday, and enjoyed the sunshine, the birds wheeling overhead, the soft greenery of new plants emerging...and lots of chinwag with likeminded humans.
Dare we say it: Spring has SPRUNG!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

At least that kitty won't eat your food! The spring flowers are lovely.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happee spring guyz !!!! N pleez ta let kitty noe we canna smellz de flowerz either tho it wood be nice two ~~ :) ☺☺♥♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are pretty flowers and a pretty Penny duo!

pilch92 said...

Beautiful blooms. Happy Spring!

The Island Cats said...

Pretty flowers!

meowmeowmans said...

Oh wow, those are some spectacular flower captures. And that kitty looks nice, but a little quiet...

Smudge said...

Very pretty indeed. We have tons of colorful stuff blooming around here now, too. Oh, and even though the lawn humans who destroyed my catnip planted another one, my damaged one is growing like craaaaaazy!

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVE when my tulips bloom! Those are gorgeous!!!