Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Hanging Salad

Hi, furriends!

Over the weekend we had warm enough weather to open windows and I was thrilled. Both Bridget and I made it a point to fit in one window. Usually, we each get a window to enjoy our whiffies, but we were so happy (I know, we don't look it, but we were!) that we didn't mind crowding each other.


Now, the real point of this post is to introduce a new hanging plant I've taken a liking to. It's officially called a spider plant, even though it has nothing to do with spiders, but just has hanging babies.

We've taken to calling it Tom's salad plant because I like nibbling on it! Okay, so I barf up the greens, but at least I do it up in the attic where nobody steps in it.

Not to worry, my new hanging salad is perfectly okay for me to eat. It just doesn't look okay after I've nibbled on it!!

So, spring is finally here, even though nights can still be nippy. When you live in the north country, I guess you have to expect it.

Have a good week everyone!


13 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Manny has eaten our spider plant to death.
However, we have a lovely big one upstairs, and I'm going to pot some spiderettes and make a new salad plant soon.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is nice to see you both enjoying the fresh air together. Your hanging salad looks very tasty, Tom. I once has a spider plant in a pot on the window sill, and one of the cats who came a long time before Eric and Flynn completely demolished it!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

look at yoo 2 fluff ballz, so pritty

Brian's Home Blog said...

You two sure do look happy to us, enjoy those whiffies!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....all most 85 on caturday...two day 55....weatherz crazed....that salad lookz dee lish; side oh greenz witha order oh friez N now yur talkin....attic ore knot !! ;) ♥♥

pilch92 said...

Very sweet photos. Glad you got some window whiffies. I have spider plants too, off limits in the dining room, but whenever a cat manages to get in there, they go right for them. :)

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

It is nice that you and Bridget can share that small window together. That is a pretty big spider plant to chew on!

The Island Cats said...

How cool that you have a hanging salad, Tom!

Katie Isabella said...

Mommy hasn't opened the windows yet. It's cold agaon after several warm days. When she does...both of you hop in the tunnel and share my experience. Oh and tell mom that is a gorgeous picture of you two.

meowmeowmans said...

Hanging salad sounds pretty delicious, Tom. And hooray for window whiffies! XO

Smudge said...

Aww, you two look so nice and cozy in that window together. Mom and dad have a spider plant that dad, ever the ding dong, left out in one of the last freezes we had here, and he's struggling to get it to come back some. In his defense, the freeze was right after a nice warm spell.

Katie Isabella said...

Let me and mommy know what YOU had for treatment for your sciatica. XX I'll tell you about mine.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie would totally do the same thing!