Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, April 11, 2022

Hi, furry friends ~

Thanks to all of you for sharing your favorite sleeping spots with me! Now I know where to find you!

Okay, we now have snooze areas covered. Sun spots are pretty special, too. What we're happy about here at the Fish House is the fact that the cheap storm door that came with the house (and never fit right, letting in beaucoup cold air) has been replaced with what they call a "full view." Hey, I'll go along with that..


That wonderful morning sun now reaches us much better. The old door was halfway covered, so no good at all. It's funny, now I can watch the sun move as winter leaves and spring starts coming around, warming our furs.  I'm convinced the sun is spring's best buddy!

Here's the window that sits next to the front door and what we were looking at three years ago. No metal roof now means no more avalanche piles of snow! 

Here's hoping spring is well on its way to your neck of the woods!

Meow!



6 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, The Hubby and I were discussing new windows and doors on this old house; we didn't come to any decision, but I may start betting the lottery!
Humans LURV to pet kitties with sun-warmed furs, just in case you didn't know that already.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

We can look out the bottom of our door too, and like to sit there when it is warm but we run if we see someone coming.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....if we saw that much pilez oh snoz out de window we wood cry...even if it bee plowed inta a pilez like that....we wood still criez....happee week a head two all ~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do have so good views and no snow is always nice!

The Island Cats said...

You know what the best thing is, Tom? A great snoozing place that’s in the sun!

meowmeowmans said...

Spring is definitely getting here, too. It was about 63 and sunny here today! Enjoy that sun, Tom!