Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, April 18, 2022

A Food Question

Hi, furriends~

If you'll pardon me, all I want to do today is sleep. There's nothing wrong or anything, it's just I had an exhausting weekend being Easter and all and I have to recuperate.

Can I share something really weird with you, though, something bugging me?

There's a pet food company that sells rabbit pate. Yep. That's what we had to celebrate the holiday. Can you believe it? I have to admit, it was really tasty, never having had it before. But, I'm very conflicted. Should I feel bad? Did I commit a sin? I know we eat chicken, turkey, duck and other stuff, but I just don't know. What do you think?

Meanwhile, I'm going to catch up on my snoozes and dreams.

Love you all. 💟



 

10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, you are a gentle soul!
However, if you were taking care of yourself outside in the wild world, you'd eat any critter that you could catch, so baby rabbits would definitely be on your menu at any time of the year.

pilch92 said...

I think it is OK for kitties to eat rabbit.

Brian's Home Blog said...

There isn't any reason to feel guilty. I've had rabbit too, but I didn't like it.

The Island Cats said...

Hey, if you like rabbit, then eat it! I used to feel bad that I like venison, aka deer, after seeing the deer out in our yard. But you gotta eat what you like. ~Ernie

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Say no to rabbits and baby lambs!

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we are glad you liked your food, Tom.

Smudge said...

Rabbit, shmabbit, I say. If it tastes good, it's fair game.

Katie Isabella said...

Tom, that would conflict me as well. But, we have to eat, my handsome mancat; and rabbit it is. Eat up!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....as long as de easturr bunnee dinna see thiz post we think yur good ta go !!! ;) ♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I think it is okay to eat the rabbit paté, Tom. Once Eric brought back a young rabbit and I posted about it. I didn't show any of the gory photos but a rabbit that commented on our blog never visited again!