Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 31, 2022

A Wild Ride

Hi, furriends!

This is a very happy Monday as it turns out. It's the last day of January! One month down and two to go. Thank goodness February is a short month, giving the illusion that we can get it over with sooner. Well, we do, but then there's still March, good old unpredictable March.

We came out of our blizzard in the same shape as everybody else. 

Buried.


The winds were vicious, loud and sounding like they were determined to blow the house down. Fortunately, they didn't succeed, but it gave us all a good scare. What would I do without a home, food and a peaceful place to sleep?

I don't even want to think about it.

Anyway, we're okay and hope others were able to dig out and get back to normal. For me, normal is this!


While the windows, like this one in the kitchen, overnight looked battered with snow and ice.


I think the plant liked all the excitement. It's a peperomia and has been giving off happy vibes and growing like crazy since the housekeeper put her over the sink.

Happy Monday to you all and January? Don't let the door hit you...lol!!


13 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, we couldn't agree more...buh bye, January!
Although there is a storm bearing down upon us, to hit Tuesday night, we are unafraid because Michigan is The Winter Wonderland.
However, am counting the days to Spring.

Catscue said...

I'm glad you are all safe, the news stories about those storms was scary! Enjoy your snooze sweet Tom.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we iz buzzed happee everee onez safe N sound N allz well with de plant:) they...de weatherz doodz...iz saying trout townez gonna get hit witha *&!### load oh ice N snow heer ina few.....pawz crozzed they iz WRONG ~~~ stay safe :) ♥♥

pilch92 said...

We had a lot of wind too, but only 5 inches of snow.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad your house didn't get blown away by the storms! I hope February will be a gentler month.

catladymac said...

Glad you all came through it all right !

catladymac said...

Glad you all got through the storm all right !

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so tired of Winter down here in the South. I'm glad y'all are okay!

The Island Cats said...

Glad you survived the storm, Tom. We’re getting a big storm this week…foot of snow!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I am glad you are back to normal on the rug, and the bad weather does not return again.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm back, I forgot to say I really like that header pic!

Smudge said...

Oh Tom, your "normal" is absolutely purrfect! And we agree, so long, January!!

Furries said...

Good to hear you made it through the storms without too much difficulty.