Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 16, 2020

From Sweet Nothings to Slobber

Hi, furriends!

Last week, Bridget was whispering in my ear. I think it was sweet nothings or just plain nothings, because I couldn't understand a word she said. She talked the whole time through ear fluff and I pretended to listen, having her think I was taking it all in.

I have to tell you, lately she's been in my face, cuddled up close so I can hardly breathe, or up my behind. It isn't just that, either. She launches into her licking, cleaning mode and I bear the brunt of it with my furs all messed up. This goes on for about 15 solid minutes. Ugh!



Then, there's after the bath when she turns around and sits on me!! Her fluffy, fat a$$, heavy as a tank crushes me to death!



And, if that isn't bad enough, she doesn't sit still. It's then she decides to give herself the scrubbing treatment, jiggling and wiggling and jerking around, jabbing me in the back with every movement.



Puleeze!! Help!! Get me away from this slobbering, scrub-fetish obsessed blimp so I can get my rest!!

That's all I have to say!

Scrubbed clean and mean, 

TOM

💤😺





 

13 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey, she can't help it you are so snuggly!

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, we are not sure if you are bragging, or complaining!
Early this morning, I awoke because I was sweating like it was summertime!
Sweetie was asleep on my chest and throat, and she was making me HOT!
Now, I too adore some snuggles, but sheesh...a person has to breathe, amIright?

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Be careful what you wish for! You probably will never ever have it so good as now!

Catscue said...

MOL! Dude, you're on your own - MOL!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....at leest yur on "good termz" if mackerull looked like him waz gonna groom me, ore if eye looked like eye waz gonna groom him, ewe can bet that hellz DID in fact, just freez over !!! ☺☺☺

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

She does seem to take you for granted that she can use you as a pillow for her ablutions!

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like Bridget really likes you, Tom.

pilch92 said...

Awww..she loves you. I bet she wants you to help her with her bath.

Furries said...

Sometimes you have to put up with the oddities of such a wonderful friend.

Ivan from WMD said...

Just give her a smack, Tom. That's how I keep Izzy the Tub from crushing me.

~Ivan.

meowmeowmans said...

We think she likes you, Tom. And with the cold winter months coming, maybe that's not so bad!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom you do have the patience of Jobe. Maybe if you did a turnabout to see if she likes the slobbering and with a nice lay on top

Smudge said...

I take what the Indulged Furries said up above and apply it to my mom and dad.