Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 9, 2020

Sweet Nothings

 Happy Monday!!

Here we are, back again and how crazy the past week has been...holy moley!! Best described as one of those cement mixers that goes round and round...hehe!!

Enough of that.

I don't know where the expression "sweet nothings" came from, but it's appropriate for what Bridget does constantly. She'll sit next to me and begin whispering in my ear, half of it I don't even understand since it's spoken through ear floof. See what I mean?


Anyway, what I do is move away since her heavy breathing tickles my ears and I have better things to do, like NAP!!


Sssshhhh! I'm dreaming!! Can't tell you what it's about 'til I wake up...

Purrs and best wishes from the Dream Team - Me, Bridget & Penny xoxoxo!

11 comments:

Catscue said...

Awww, you two are so sweet! Enjoy the nap sweet Tom!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....may bee yur sisturr haz de sekrit code two open de pantree... wher all de cannd goodz N treetz iz kept ...!!! hay !!?? ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Aww she loves you!

Eastside Cats said...

There are worse things in life, than having a sweet lady tickle your ear furnishings, Tom!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom we kind of wish Miss Fitz would whisper instead of whap but it takes all kinds I suppose. Purrs friends and sleep tight Tom

pilch92 said...

Awww.....you are such sweeties.

meowmeowmans said...

Aww, that's sweet, if you ask us! Sweet dreams, sweet dream team!

Cathy Keisha said...

Have you woken up yet to tell us what you were dreaming of? Heh heh.

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

So cute!

Furries said...

It's sweet of Bridget to whisper in your ear. But breathing....nope, gotta move on from that.

Smudge said...

Aww, what a sweet photo that is, regardless of how Bridget was annoying you.