Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 23, 2020

What's That Up Ahead?

Hi, friends!

This is a Monday if there ever was one. It's raining, dreary and there's really not much to see..

The housekeeper loves the different expressions I have when I look out the window. Here's the one I've chosen for today:


I don't know what I was looking at at the time, but it must have been a doozy!

One thing to think about that's good at least, is coming up! TURKEY DAY!! I LOVE turkey! I try not to think about all the goodness of gravy and tender meat when I see the bird itself because then I get sad. I have to remember it's all part of a tradition we've had since, well, since we came over on a big ship and all we had to eat was salt pork!

So, my friends, whatever Monday brings, we'll take it in stride, knowing there are good things waiting for us at the end, and we get a chance to give thanks for what we have.


Blessings, friends!!

Tom, Bridget & Penny


13 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

2020 has been the weirdest year, Tom, however there is everything to be thankful for!
Seeing your pensive wee face is always a good thing, dude!

Brian's Home Blog said...

It looks like you must have spotted a Turkey!

Catscue said...

I just love the tilt of your head and your expectant pose, I'm guessing a squirrel is what you saw. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Like Brian, I thought you were watching out for the turkey!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Happy Thanksgiving back at you Tom. A weird Thanksgiving is right, but things will return to normal some day.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

frank lee dood we wood rather eat salt,pork and pork salted til we drank 173 gallonz oh water... pleez due knot forgetz thurzday iz all sew all bout de PIE !!! ;) ♥☺☺♥♥

The Island Cats said...

We hope you get enough turkey, Tom! Happy Thanksgiving!

Furries said...

Whatever you're looking at, you're looking gorgeous. Thanksgiving is a day to look forward to, with lots of good food and being thankful for all the wonderful things we have.

pilch92 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

meowmeowmans said...

Woohoo! Turkey incoming! Happy Thanksgiving to you, sweet pals.

Cathy Keisha said...

What could be better than thinking about turkey? Eating it! HAH! Happy Turkey Day, bro! Bridget and Penny and the housekeeper too.

Smudge said...

That is a curious pose for sure. One of mom's friends is visiting this year, and she's asked that we have steak instead of turkey. Gonna be different, but hey, it's food, right?

Ivan from WMD said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We hope you get lots of turkey. :-)