Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 17, 2020

We Shall Come A-Shivering, Bringing in the Sheaves...

Hi, furriends!

Winter is pretty rough, I don't care where you live. Even if it's Florida, the drop in temps makes everyone shiver and reach for a sweater packed away for emergencies.

I made my point yesterday as I decked myself out in warm clothes, covering everything except the nose. They all think I exaggerate. Not hardly. After all, I look around me and see boots, hats, gloves, scarves, heavy coats, pants (I would hope) and thick sweaters, all to ward off the cold.

It was the housekeeper who insisted I bundle up, too. Little did I know it would prompt unnecessary commentary on the part of upper management!



See what I mean? Well, at least I was comfy, except for my nose, that is.

On the bright side, we're more than halfway through February. There's more daylight, so the days seem to be getting longer which I like, yet nighttimes still close in ever so gently and are nice and cozy.



So, hang in there, friends!

Spring is right around the corner. Which corner, they never tell us, but we'll be waiting!

Here's to toasty furs and warmer days!

Tom

8 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Ignore them, Tom! You look nice and warm and snuggly all wrapped up like that. We have only had a few cold days but lots of storms. The torrential rain goes on day after day causing widespread flooding. I think it is time to start on building an Ark!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are more that ready for Spring too!

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, as cold as I feel, I always worry about The 'O' Cats; Sweetie and Paddy O'Malley. Thankfully, this winter has been mild, but I still worry about my outside babies.

The Island Cats said...

We stay inside all winter....and look for a comfy warm blanket to nap on. Spring can’t come too soon!

Ivan from WMD said...

Humans always think they're so funny, Tom.

Timmy Tomcat said...

As long as you are comfy Tom ignore them. And dont lend them your mittens either

meowmeowmans said...

We are SO ready for Spring, too, Tom. Hang in there ... it is coming!

Furries said...

Bundling up seems wise to me. Kitties must stay warm and cozy.