Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Sharing Moods

Hi, kitties and peoples!!

I've included our humans for this post since I find that we often play off each other. I know I catch the housekeeper's moods and she picks up on mine.

For instance, here I thought she was laughing at me yawning, but I noticed my eyelids have eyes!!
It was my turn to laugh, then!!







"I can't believe what I just heard!"






And one more to leave you with:
The best communication of all - "Here I am if you need me."

We both feel that way. I know it!

Tom


10 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...if we had ta pix up on de food servizz gurlz mood afturr her comez home frum werk we wood bee like de maddest catz on earth....mad like eye rate; knot inn sane, tho may bee that two afturr all ~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, that whole eyelid thing is sorta scary! WHAT?!?

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

That "Lazy 'S'" cat scratcher is very comfortable to rest on. We had one until Scooby literally tore it up with his claws! Keep people guessing with those facial expressions!

Brian's Home Blog said...

See, it's true, the eyes have it!

The Island Cats said...

Where’d you get those googly eyes, Tom?

Ivan from WMD said...

Tom, that's just cat magic!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh Tom, those eyelids!!

Cathy Keisha said...

That first image is scary! The second one rings true cos of yesterday. TW was there for me in case I was scared in a strange place. Turns out I wasn't cos I knew she was there with me.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom Dad was just telling us how much we communicate with our looks. We told him he is quite poor at it. Ah well.
Love those Eyes MOL

Catscue Catmom said...

Look at those lids! Wow!