Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 8, 2021

The Holy and the Ivy

Hi, furriends!

Forget the usual Monday gripes..this bone I have to pick is with the housekeeper and her cat hair attack machine. It lurks in the closet and gets brought out about once a week and we all run, herd-like to get out of its path.

I run up the stairs, or if the weather is nice, you can find me outside. I have this great photo from a while ago of me turning my back on all the cleaning hubbub and getting out in the sunshine. 

It's one of my favorite photos of autumn.




HEY!!!   

Excuse me, but I'm supposed to be IN this photo!

Wanna try this again??




That's better!!

Besides my holy handsomeness, isn't the ivy pretty? (Spiders like to hide in it, but I always find them).









10 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The colour of the ivy is lovely, but you make the photo perfection!

The Florida Furkids said...

That ivy is very pretty but it looks even nicer with you in it!!

Smudge said...

Holy handsomeness, indeed!!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I was looking for you in the first autumn photo. Vacuums don't scare us!!!

Catscue said...

The ivy is gorgeous, but no match for your Tom-gorgeousness! Good luck to the housekeeper on the whole brushing task - MOL!

pilch92 said...

That is a nice photo. My cats hate the vacuum too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do look like a mighty spider hunter!

The Island Cats said...

That’s a nice pic of you with the ivy, Tom.

meowmeowmans said...

We do like that ivy, but the photo is SO much better with you in it! :)

Furries said...

The ivy is pretty but you are prettier! Pearl is in complete agreement about the vacuum. I'm not sure what happened, but she's become terrified of it - even the sight of it scares her. So, we started parking it in various spots around the house so she can learn to not panic when she sees it. She's only 6 months old and we don't want her terrified for the next 15 years!