Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 29, 2021

Holiday Memories

Hi Monday kittyfurriends!

The time is here to come up with something to post and all I can think of is the Christmas buying rush which I'm glad the housekeeper isn't really a part of. She says she started her purchases in August. I've seen mysterious packages lying around and I'm assuming (I hope rightly so) that they are ours!

Meanwhile, I've been looking around the old photos of Christmases past and have to admit, we have quite the collection to choose from - old postcards sent, me in my top hat, and all the wonderful sights and sounds we've captured during the holidays over the years.


We love angels and this little statue captures our fondness for our own angel Vinny Blackwhisker.


No stripes though. Just a soft golden color which kinda made him an angel long before he left us.

The holidays always bring up memories. Please share yours with us!


11 comments:

Smudge said...

Aww, Angel Vinnie Blackwhisker was such a floofy gent. That's a wonderful photo of the two of you. Have a splendid week!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely statue. My favourite memory is getting the tree out to assemble. Flynn used to get so excited to see it that you would think it was marinated in nip (it wasn't). Eric preferred to sit in the box and watch.

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, this time of year does bring up memories.
However, my chief emotional issue is snow.
Yep, we had snowfall this weekend, and I knew I had to go outside and shovel off the deck.
But...there is no cat outside to shovel for, and the memory of losing The PO'M hit hard.
I loved him so, and still do, and miss him.

The Florida Furkids said...

We love that sweet statue!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hope everee one hada BURD FREE.. pie and spud filled... thanx be givin ;) ☺☺♥♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are good memories and our Angels all loved Christmas too.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I remember those thanksgivings back in the 70's when I was a young fellow in the military and could not go home for it, and I was not alone in that respecc, and in the mess hall they would go to the trouble of making a Thanksgiving dinner as best those could. Those holidays I missed are what make me fierce about celebrating them today with all my heart involved.

The Island Cats said...

Yep, this is the time for memories. Glad you have some good ones of Angel Vinnie.

meowmeowmans said...

Such wonderful memories. Ours all seem to revolve around our kitty angels. They all loved being under the tree -- a tradition that Ava continues today. XO

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Lovely memories

Furries said...

Thankfully, there's no holiday shopping frenzy here either. But we have received some boxes from the delivery guy that mom says we have to wait until Christmas to open. Your angel statue is lovely.