Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 3, 2021

M is for...

Hi, friends~

Who was it - the Mamas and the Papas with the lyrics "Monday, Monday..can't trust that day...

I dunno, they just popped into my head this morning. I don't really mind a new week, but when Monday rolls around, I think of the end of the week and wonder what the heck is going to happen in between. Maybe it's because of the housekeeper. 

We now have a leaky roof and that means a bunch of people here with a bunch of estimates for getting it fixed. If we haven't been visiting your blogs, we apologize. It's just been so hectic with one thing after another..My solution is to turn my back on it all and sleep.

Another day is on the horizon and I have one request: Let me know when it's Tuesday!! 



10 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

I will NOT let Tuesday sneak up on you without my announcement. LOVE your nosie.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, a leaky roof sure ruins a good snooze!

Eastside Cats said...

We just had a quote on our roof, and The Hubby was in sticker shock for a week, but has now come to grips with the fact that the two layers of roof must come off, new plywood and barrier laid, new metal valley inserts, roof vents AND THEN the shingles go on! These guys will also fix up the gutters that we have. Needs to be done, but the bank account is going to cry...

Catscue said...

Get that nap in now Tom, once those roof repairs start - goodbye nappy-tine!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Better sleep under a table so the raindrops don't keep falling on your head!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Repairs usually mean a lot of trouble and noise. You have the best idea of trying to sleep through it.

The Island Cats said...

Ugh. I hate when there’s a lot of strangers in the house. I hope that roof gets fixed quick and you can get rid of them.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We hope the roof is an easy fix Tom as that can be a lot of green papers and it is always better to use them for toys, nip and noms. Purrs and Nap on. Monday, Monday...

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we're here late, so we can say that it is now Tuesday! :)

We hope all those strangers finish their jobs quickly.

Hugs!

Katie Isabella said...

Good Morning Tim, sweet love and Happy Mother's Day to your mom.