Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 31, 2021

 Hi, Mancat Mondayers!!

Heck, I almost forgot to post! I hope I'm not losing my mind!

It's Memorial Day, 2021 and it's raining, cold and quiet. It's great for a nap, so Bridget, Penny and I probably will sleep most of the day. A friend reminded the housekeeper and fellow humans that our thoughts on this day of remembrance really should go on all the time. I agree. There are those who fought, those who died and the VA hospital is full of those who won't ever forget their own experiences in war.

Here's to dreams of a better world!


And, here's Penny.

She says, "Where there's cuteness, there's hope!"

Absolutely, I say!

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Cuteness could save this old world!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Happy Memorial Day and where there is cuteness there IS hope

Brian's Home Blog said...

There is always hope. We will always remember our heroes, always.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are quite right, Penny.

The Island Cats said...

Penny, you are so right! And cute too.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Those truly are the ones we need to remember and support Tom. So many young men so badly injured. Sad
That is something we surely need in this world Penny

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz.....everee onez lookin most handsum N gorgeouz ~~~~~ heerz hopin yur monday waz grate and it continmewed on two.. two day...toooz day....a grate week a head az well, get in lotz oh trubullz ;) ☺☺♥

meowmeowmans said...

Well, there's a whole lot of wisdom there, Tom. Your housekeeper's friend is so right. And so is Penny. :)

Smudge said...

Wise words indeed on the constant remembrance. Hope is something that should never disappear. And yes, cuteness abounds!