Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, October 19, 2020

A Little of This 'n That

Hi, friends!

First, let me tell you that the editor was thrilled with all the photos (ahh...yeah, we picked the best ones we had showing our Maine Coon deliciousness!) I have to tell you, though, acceptance is one thing. Publication is another. The photos are scheduled for November, I think we already told you, to go with a story entitled "A Maine Coon Morning." It's about finding a bunch of old geezers guys sitting around in a general store talking about the one man's cat that died. It has a little twist at the end which the editor really liked. One of our other stories had to be rescheduled for publication, but it's been accepted. Yay! Just don't know yet when it'll be in print so we can share it with you.

Nothing else new, really. We've been watching the leaves being blown around, catching autumn whiffies at the window and cuddling up to stay warm on those crisp, chilly mornings that are coming fast and furious. Well, maybe not furious, but wooly caterpillars I've talked to say to make sure there are plenty of blankets.



Taking a second look at this photo of Bridget, I think she's losing some weight. Maybe it's just the camera angle. Don't tell her I said so! She likes to think of herself as having a willowy fizzeek.

Speaking of camera angles, look at the housekeeper's elephant leg!! She went to her doctor vet the other day and when she came home said she'd forgotten she wore her cat sox. But, he didn't say anything. Must not be a cat man. 


I'm afraid I've come to the end without any more to say. After all, we can't let life get too exciting and out of control, can we?? Hahaha!

Hugs & purrs,

Tom, Bridget & Penny xoxoxo

 


11 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

We can't wait for your new stories!!! it looks like you're enjoying some good BirdTV!

The Florida Furkids

Eastside Cats said...

Oh yes, I was out on Saturday to get a haircut, and I wore my cat earrings, a cat scarf, and cat socks...which ended up with my shorn hair stuck all over!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know from my late Brother Ivan, Maine Coons have the best stories!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....how total lee kewl iz that with yur fotoz !!!! yay and hooray an conga rats .....now we can troo lee say we noe moovee starz ;) ♥♥☺☺

round TT we iz watchin leevez az well.....N pleez ta tell de wooleez we said high, sew far we haz seen narry a one....may bee they all iz at yur
place !!

happee week a head two all ~~~~~~~~~~☺☺♥♥

Catscue Catmom said...

I can't wait for your story to be out, keep us posted Tom! The 'housekeeper' might want to change docs, who wants one that isn't into cats?!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That looks like fun watching the leaves falling.

The Island Cats said...

Something outside sure has your interest. Those leaves must be really entertaining.

Furries said...

You and Bridget look very content in the window. Congrats on your second story being accepted.

Timmy Tomcat said...

That window looks like a lot of fun ladies. We cant wait to read the next story

meowmeowmans said...

That's super cool about your photos! Concatulations! :)

We like your housekeeper's socks. Of course, we ARE act people. XO

Ivan from WMD said...

We hope we can read the story! (Or have our mom read it to us.)