Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 16, 2020

Who IS That Masked Cat? - Having Fun During the Outbreak

Hello and welcome to the world of crazypants and flakyfurs!!

Some people are wearing masks to protect themselves. I say, if you're going to wear a mask, be creative and in some cases, purely practical. We don't even want to see the rest of your face, hahaha!!

Anyway, enough of all that. Here are some masks I've enjoyed putting on, hiding my own face and the virus one just so I can join the party!

Here's my Spidercat mask with matching pipe. Tobacco? Cherry blend with a hint of Corona...!




The beak will keep the virus from spreading, and it would be a hoot to wear!!





And then, there's the plain old white one which I've decorated for St. Patty's Day.







Having fun with masks..who IS that masked cat?


11 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

We haven't seen any humans wearing masks around here, and now that we are all home instead of out and about, looks like we won't see much at all, other than our four walls and maybe the yard. It's a crazy time, but if we all treat each other with kindness and understanding, we should get through it alright.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....noe burd.....pleez we beg oh ewe ....noe burd ~~~~~

☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I like your beak mask the best, Tom.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were great masks, thanks for the giggles!

Ivan from WMD said...

MOL!

The Island Cats said...

MOL! You wear those masks well, Tom!

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Those masks are cool!
Our human has not yet had to wear a mask but she is having to wear gloves.
It is not as easy to have cool gloves!
Be well!
Purrs,
Winston and Emily kitty

catladymac said...

Actually the beaky mask resembles something people wore trying to ward off The Black Death in the 1600's...

meowmeowmans said...

That beak mask is awesome, Tom!

Furries said...

Very creative! Maybe humans can decorate their masks to help lighten the mood.

Catscue Catmom said...

Those are pawsome masks Tom! We saw some for sale at Hauspanther that had kitty prints on it, too cute. Always good to see your sweet self bud.