Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 30, 2020

I'm Still Here

Hi, effurrybody!

What a pain!!
I had everything packed, stored in my jet and friends in place, when not only did they not let us get off the ground (like we even tried), but they wouldn't let us taxi and party.

That's no fun. If you missed the flight, don't feel bad. There aren't going to be any. We all had to come home and now we're stuck, keeping our batty humans from getting even more batty, encouraging cuddles and playtime.

Actually, we can make out quite well with all this. We can re-establish the rules for our minions and confirm our expectations for plenty of playtime and times to snooze. It's a day by day thing, doing our best to all get along.

If getting along is getting stressful, here is the perfect solution:
OBLIVION!! (aka IGNORING IT ALL!!)

What do you think?

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

If one thing has been made clear while the humans are in quarantine, it's this: the cat makes all of the rules.
Period.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Wish we could ignore it or forget it but we can't!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Never mind, Tom, just think of the party we can have when this is all over.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are pretty good at ignoring here too! Stay safe, healthy and virus-free.

Ivan from WMD said...

We're trying to ignore it all, Tom!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom we like that idea for most of the day. Around dinner we are seen and heard.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Tom, we're trying to ignore it all, too.

Catscue said...

Ignoring is natural for cats, try being a human and ignoring when a cat wants your attention, good luck - MOL!

Smudge said...

I have no problem ignoring mom and dad. Dad's home more now because of his new work schedule, so I have more time to ignore him on top of how much mom and I ignore him already. Stay safe, y'all.