Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Nine Lives? All I Need is One

How many times have I heard this thing about nine lives!

And there are all kinds of myths and legends about where it came from..like from Bast, a Celtic goddess (sounds good to me!) and that nine is a magical number and something about witches changing back and forth from cat to witch and back to cat again. That one's got me. Can you imagine..? Do they use phone booths like Superman? Or do they go to dress shops and really change in the fitting room? Inquiring cats want to know...!

As for me, I was a stray and had a few close calls, but I found myself a good home where there's always food and plenty of attention. Sometimes there's too much, but I have escape routes and do duck and cover, ha!

Now, if I have any lives left, I'll just pass the extras along to anycat who might need them. Sound good?

I'll stick with what I've got. I only need one now and this one's pretty darn good!



Contented down to my toes,
Tom

13 comments:

Marg said...

Good thinking Tom. You sure look like you have a very happy life there. We are sure you can keep at least one life. You all have a super week.

Catscue Catmom said...

Precious boy, you look so happy in this life - of course you can keep it! You've sent a good message to everyone, reminding us all to appreciate what we have and not yearn for something else. Thanks bud.

Eastside Cats said...

That's very sweet of you to give your extra lives (if any left) to another kitty! Wish some kittens that are dying early of FIP could use your gifted lives, Tom...their early deaths are just heartbreaking.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure made a darn good case!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You do look very happy with your life.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I think that's a purrfect idea, Tom! You are very generous.

The Island Cats said...

You got a pretty good life there, Tom.

Ivan from WMD said...

You are lucky to have such a good life, Tom. We know *we'd* never want for more lives!

Cathy Keisha said...

Lives—the more the merrier as I always say. I'll take all of them I can get.
Wait, are you say TW (the old witch) can turn into a cat?

meowmeowmans said...

We see your point clearly, Tom!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Love the photo and sentiment!

Timmy Tomcat said...

I agree Fr. Tom. I was born in an ally and luckily was scooped up by some rescue folks who fixed Mom and gave me a nice home with my Dad. Yep I just need one

Furries said...

You look like you have a very comfy life!