Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, June 10, 2019

Sniff an Angel Good Morning

Hi, everybody!

If it weren't for services on Sundays, I wouldn't know it was Monday. Even then, I get forgetful.
Here I am, after lunch - my lunch of turkey and salmon and it just occurred to me I hadn't done my post for today.

So, here goes.

Even though I didn't do a post, doesn't mean I haven't been thinking. Yes, indeed, we cats do think, ponder, reflect, even empty our brains meditate.

I was thinking about angels the other day. There's a whole slew of them in the church and I didn't really notice them until my friend Bridget brought up the subject. Only thing is, she doesn't know how to behave around them.


You don't sit on their heads and sniff.
I listened in horror as she admitted to doing that and here's proof. She says they smell like bumblebees and baby lotion. At least this one did. I didn't even notice.

I prefer to cuddle and snooze.

I have to know - are there any angels in your life?

Angelic at all times,
Tom


13 comments:

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Sniffing angels is not something I've ever thought about, bumblebees and baby lotion, good to know.

There are lots of angels in my life, without them I think I would have got more injuries as I am by nature a clumsy person and I have nearly gotten hurt a number of times - thank the angels they were nearby at each bumbling step!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...just sayin...but if ther waz N angel heer rite.. now ... we wood tell him/her ta fly ta yur place pron toe N rid yur houz oh all thingz....turkee

☺☺♥♥

Eastside Cats said...

Tom and Bridget, I consider our kitties to be angels, but there is one very special ladycat. She's named Angel, and it suits her; so soft, so pretty, and while she is no pushover, she tells it like it is, and keeps us all in line! We love her so.

Cathy Keisha said...

I'm a living angel. TW used to have stone angels in her garden and until I demanded better, she used to buy Christmas cards with angels on them every year. She's not religious or anything but just likes them.
BTW, did you notice I mentioned you in my fill-ins last week?

pilch92 said...

No angel statues, but I feel like my angel kitties are with me always.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We always have Angels as a part of all we do.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

At least the angel doesn't look like it minds being sniffed having his head sat on.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
We do not see any angles here we can cuddle with.
Mum has a small angel holding a kitten hanging in the kitchen window though.
She also has 2 Willow Tree angels holding cats.
Maybe angles like cats ;)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Ivan from WMD said...

We have one that lives in our garage. She used to be in the front of our old house but here we have nowhere outside to put her. We haven't touched her, though.

The Island Cats said...

We bet angels don’t mind if you sit on their heads and sniff them.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I like to think angels are all around us :) And I wonder how many of your readers know the song your post title is based on?

meowmeowmans said...

Angels are pure and good and very nice, so we bet they don't mind if you sniff their heads. :)

Katie Isabella said...

I think it's OK to sniff their heads. It makes them smile. After all, you are a loved one that was created for love.