Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Innard Relief

Hey, kitties!

Do you ever find yourself obsessing about one thing, not realizing it until you look back?

It was that way with me all last week, obsessing about what I put into my innards to make everything work better. To show you what I mean, here's an example:



Grass is good for the digestion and, just to let you know, I gummed my way through this right after the photo was taken!!

Then, there's soft butter with yogurt which I have a dab of every morning to grease my innards.


Good thing. The cat box isn't exactly the most fun place to hang out!

Hope your week has you smooth sailing!

Tom













17 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Tom, looks like you didn't have to think twice about what to put in your innards.

Catscue Catmom said...

Good work Tom! Take care of the innards and they'll take care of you. Now you can relax and enjoy your day away from the litter box - MOL!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Good morning Tom, glad you got your innard chores done early, now you can enjoy the day - Happy Monday all!

Robin said...

I'm glad you found some yummy ways to get relief, Tom! It's no fun at all to spend all day in the litter box. You look like you really enjoy the cat grass and the yogurt. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure had some yummy choices!

pilch92 said...

If you are ever in a bind ( pardon the pun), pumpkin is good too.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....doez knot get any better; butter N grazz; less ya tozz a trout on de grill while eatin said grazz ;) ♥♥☺☺

Eastside Cats said...

Oh Tom! We don't have any yogurt or butter to give to Angel, who appears to be having some 'backups', if you know what I mean.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Being toothless is not so bad as it sounds. Looks like you're doing OK Tom!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You take very good care of your innards, Tom.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Ooh Mudpie likes yogurt AND butter, but I've never tried combining them!

Ivan from WMD said...

Glad you found a way, Tom!

Lone Star Cats said...

Butter and yogurt - gotta try dat combo!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are all getting up in years around our house and are missing a few or more of those famous cat trademarks ourselves. Thanks for the tip on moving things along as that does happen now and again. Glad you gummed that grass into submission!

catladymac said...

Hope you start feeling better Tom !

Katie Isabella said...

Tom, me dear...is that unflavored Greek yogurt perhaps? No added sugars or flavoring?

I have some posters of me lounging in my beddie that I will send to you if you like...*wink wink*

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad that innard regimen does the rick for you, Tom!