Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Quaker Tom

Hi, effurrrybodies!

On the heels of a very busy Sunday (what happened to 'day of rest,' anyway?) I want to bring up the subject of my religious affiliation. Actually, I have none. I'm a priest and I hang out at a rectory with other like-attired guys, except for the fur, but that's it.

Now, it's been that way for years. However, the housekeeper who moonlights as a graphics nerd has come up with me if I, as a stray, had wound up with a bunch of Quakers at a meetinghouse instead of on her rectory doorstep. (I think the collar is a nice touch, haha!)




Listen guys, I don't want to encourage her should she get it in her head to make me some Buddhist monk or go through all the religions with my face plastered on them. It's taking ecumenical teachings a little too far.

So, please support me in my effort. Laugh all you want, but don't praise. That is, unless you think I would improve the face on Quaker Oats!

Your humble servant,
Tom

PS - Thanks to all of you for giving me your nicknames and opinions last week. Yes, Mouse Sniper was a favorite!


10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, just roll with it, sweetheart!
If it makes a human happy, then it's all good.
We care not of religious affiliations in cat blogger world; cats are cats, and that's all we know.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we dunno....de extree hair mite come in handee in de winter time when itz like minus 40 bee low....scarvz two act shoo a lee !! :) ♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You would look purrfect on Quaker Oats!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That would sure make me quake in my boots if I had some!

Ivan from WMD said...

Maybe the housekeeper needs a gentle nip, Tom!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

This is a bad precedent! What's next? A Puritan hunting witches in Salem instead of mice? Buckles on your hat! Keeps it from falling off. Better just stay the way you are. Besides the old guy on the Quaker Oats box can't get a job anywhere else--let him be!

pilch92 said...

I would prefer seeing you on the oatmeal box :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Tom and thank you for visiting. Mom and I have way too much fun with our poems. Next week's picture selected by Angel Sammy's mom is gonna be a good one. I didn't know you were a poet...Hugs madi and mom

The Army of Four said...

Tom! It's so nice to meet you! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. We looked through your blog a bit and think we'll really enjoy reading it and getting to know you.
Have a super day -
Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher (and Cammie, too!)

meowmeowmans said...

Tom, you're way more handsome than the human on the Quaker Oats container!