Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Gossip

So what's new?

On this Mancat Monday those are the three words that can trigger gossip in the worst way amongst the housekeeper and her lady friends. I think that's half the reason she works at the rectory. She can be right at the heart of everything that could possibly happen to the human race!

I swear she even has antennae to pick up signals and like some rusty old contraption with wheels and pulleys - in goes the gossip and chugga-chugga, whirr-whirr, bang bang - out comes her take on it.


WHEN GOSSIP BECOMES GOSPEL

So, anyway, enough making fun of her. Between you and me, I keep an eye on things myself and overhear plenty, without any effort at all.




That wraps up my weekly Monday post. I'll let you know if I hear any juicy bits or if the housekeeper short-circuits!!

Purrs,
Tom

7 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know your ears are always on the alert!

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, as if human dramas mean much to smarter-than-humans cats!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Some people get all the gossip. I rely on my hairdresser to know what's going on in the village.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we see N heer a lot round R naybor hood two.....frank lee 99.9 purrcent oh it we wished we never seen N 98.9 purrcent oh it we wished we never hurd { burd & song } ☺☺♥♥

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I don't think you are supposed to be telling "tails" Tom!

The Island Cats said...

We love some juicy gossip!

Ivan from WMD said...

We bet you will hear something, Tom. We always do!