Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Talents of Cats - Not Surprising At All

Hi, friends!

So many people tell me I'm talented for a cat, but I think all cats are talented. They prove it time and again, so those folks just need to be educated a little! (Dogs are talented, too)

As you can see in my sidebar, I have a special little furfriend who tried her best this week to do some writing on her own. She sees me write up stuff for my blog and, with the housekeeper, now have daily entries on my Facebook Page. She was so itchin' to try her paw at writing and she did!

Just last Friday, she presented me with a poem she wrote! It's quite good and she wanted so much for me to share it here.

With no further a-dew, put your paws together for the Keats of cats, Bridgie Mackenzie and her poem called SLEEP:








Sometimes i just have to step back and let other people shine.
A Note: I try to get to everyone and read your blogs, too. I just haven't figured out a way where I don't forget where I've been and where I need to go. I do try my bestest!

So, enjoy your week everyone! Get plenty of SLEEP!

Tom (zzzzzzzzz)




10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was so good and we're ready for a nap now!

The Island Cats said...

What a great poem by Bridgie. We can so relate.

Eastside Cats said...

And in this heat, it's best to sleep!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

That's such a great poem! Bridgie is quite the poet.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....what a total lee awesum poem N one we total lee ree latez two :)

we hope yur week a head iz sooooper awesum az well ~~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That's a pawsome poem, Bridgie! You are a very talented little lady :)

Ivan from WMD said...

Oh yes!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

What a wonderful poem! It brought yawns to us all!

meowmeowmans said...

Bravo, Bridgie! You're a rally good poet!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Bridgie is an accomplished poet.