Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Red Menace

Hi, furriends..here I am again, a day late and way too short.

Aren't I purrrty, tho??




The reason I'm here on a Tuesday? My post was displaced by a lawnmower. That's right. The whole place was in an uproar because the one the parish had crapped out, died, went to lawnmower heaven and we forgot and the grass got higher than my ears. After much mumbling about looks, we bought one from a very nice man who made it parish-worthy, complete with sanctified oil and a full gas tank.

After puffs of smoke and a few choice words, Father Jack had it running. Proud of what he'd  done, he held the bar down until our new handyman could take over. Our dear old priest barely got out of the way as the red beast roared into the grass and dandelions with a vengeance. Out everything spat and even I had to run for my life!

So, spring has officially sprung and then some!

That's it for now. I'll leave you with this thought: beware of metallic things that roar!

Covered in dandelion and weed confetti..

Faithfully yours,
Tom






11 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those mower machines can sure be scary!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

What we hate about Spring is the grass mowing. What we like about Spring is prowling around through the tall grass!

(felinecafe.net)

Eastside Cats said...

Hokey Smokes...that's terrifying! Glad no kitties were harmed!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...de lawn mowerz az bad.. N may bee even mor sew... N de vizshuz vacuum.... keep kleer iz rite...happee spring N de smell oh fresh cut grazz tho ~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie hates the sound of lawn mowers!

The Island Cats said...

We think those grass eating machines are too noisy! Can’t they make quieter ones???

pilch92 said...

Better late than never.

Ivan from WMD said...

That sounds worse than a vacuum cleaner!!

meowmeowmans said...

We're with you, Tom! Those mower things are not to be messed with!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That sounded very scary coming face to face with the metallic monster.

The Whiskeratti said...

We're no fan of anything that makes noise.