Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 14, 2018

A Good Weekend Carries Over

Hi, friends!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and there were a couple of people I wanted to thank. One, the housekeeper who (s)mothers me..Wait, that was mean. She's good to me, really. And, the other, is my real mother. On my Facebook Page I mentioned her and how I wouldn't be the mancat I am today had it not been for her.




I didn't mention why there, but I will here:

1. She gave me her looks. I think I had a very pretty mother.

2. I inherited her sense of humor.



3. And her kindness..



Anyway, the list goes on and on. Mothers are pretty special people, but I know not everyone is so lucky. So, we find those who are mother-like. Take my housekeeper, for instance. I'll give her points for being kind. There isn't a meal that goes by that I don't get a sampling in my dish. She worries about me, takes me to the vet way too often to suit me - meaning that dreaded one visit more than NEVER, and she sees to the men in black who think not that I should sit at God's right hand, but curled up on His lap.

I hope you all had a good Mother's Day. I'm glad we had a special day to honor those who take care of us with love, regardless of who they are.

And, remember:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If there were no moms
There would be no you!

And we CAN'T have that!

Tom

PS - Here's my Facebook Page link in case you want to visit:

       http://www.facebook.com/FrTomFish

        See you around!















10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, Moms are very special to all of us!

The Island Cats said...

You've got a good "mom" looking out for you, Tom.

Ivan from WMD said...

You cat mom was beautiful, Tom. Your human one sounds wonderful too, despite the visits to the cat fix-it place (which, alas, are necessary).

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Mom's are important, for sure.

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

That a picture of your fur-mum, Tom? She's BEAUTIFUL! Wow. PURRS.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....yur mom iz quite gorgeouz....we will see if we can get her page ta open on acebook, we iz knot over ther N most lee we canna see stuff ~~~~~~
happee week a head ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You had a lovely mom, Tom.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You lucked out in the mom department, Tom!

The Whiskeratti said...

Yep, your mom was very pretty. And it sounds like your housekeeper takes pretty good care of you too.

meowmeowmans said...

You've been so, so blessed in the mother department, Tom! A biological mom who gave you such great looks and a wonderful sense of humor AND a housekeeper who is a really super, kind and caring person. Happy belated Mother's Day! Love and hugs!