Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Hint! Hint!

Hullloooo!! Mancat Monday has rolled around once again!
Hope you've all been well.

I was informed over the weekend (in other words, overheard, hehe) that the housekeeper is writing an article on Maine Coon cats! That's me breed, me mateys!! I'm lapsing into my seafaring self since my ancestry came across the seas to settle in the New World like so many others seeking adventure. No, we didn't swim. That would be a mite tiring. We went on board ship and when we landed, were only too happy to get acquainted, if you know what I mean, with the ladycats. Now, I do want to dispel a rumor. We did not have a ladycat in every port!

Just so the housekeeper is fully aware of my attributes as a Maine Coon and will include them in her article, I have listed them here.

1. We are patriotic.


OOOPS!! WRONG ONE!

Now this is patriotic!





2. We like good conversation.






3. We go undercover with ease.






4. We are talkative. (I'm told I laugh at my own jokes, tho. I'll have to quit that)




There's so much more! My attributes are endless!

I hope she takes my suggestions to heart. I'll let you know how it goes!

By the way, I ran into Hairy Harry and he only had five out of the twenty he owes me. He had some excuse. Something about coins and no pockets.

I get my roman flea collar next week.

All for now,

Tom




15 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Maine Coons are super special and I still miss by Brother Ivan.

The Island Cats said...

We can't wait to learn more about you Maine Coon cats.

The Florida Furkids said...

We agree....you have fabulous attributes!

The Florida Furkids

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Oh my mouses! My two long-haired marmie brothers are Maine Coons, too! Well, at least partly, anyway. They're both pretty chatty and they're both very big. Especially Andy. When Andy goes to the doctor's, the first thing everyone says is, "LOOK AT THOSE PAWS!" Yup, they're that big. Huge, in fact. MOUSES!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Maine Coons are a great cat breed. I have one and have had several. But they do talk too much!

(felinecafe.net)

Colehaus Cats said...

Our Dad has a Maine Coon friend who visits. He's a good chap (the Maine Coon, not our Dad . . . who is a good Dad)!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....how kewl ya getz a book a bout yur sea farin wayz ;) may bee it will be out just in time for pie ratz day in septemburr...what cha think :) ☺☺♥♥

pilch92 said...

Maine Coons are cool, my niece has one.

Ivan from WMD said...

Those are marvelous suggestions, Tom! Hope she uses them!

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

Love those big kitties and maybe are polys.

Lone Star Cats said...

Maine Coons are pawsome!

catladymac said...

Flying your flag in the first pic certainly does make you a patriot, FrTom !

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You're right, you do have a lot of good attributes.

The Whiskeratti said...

MCs are pretty nice. But hey - don't stop laughing at your own jokes. MOL!

meowmeowmans said...

Tom, you have so many great attributes. We hope the housekeeper remembers to include the ones you shared! :)