Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Champion for Cats

  I found a man in Florida who turned thirty acres into a wonderful place for homeless cats. It's called Caboodle Ranch and every building on the property was built by none other than Craig Grant. He didn't always like cats. It was only after his son's cat Pepper had kittens that he fell head over heels over us! (complete with doughnuts) 

"Hurry up, I think we're late for the meeting!"
"Has anybody seen the mayor?"
"Wow, is that real stained glass?"
"George, this is just the perfect bungalow!"
"Hey, buddy, you want to state your business?"
So, if you want to visit, all you have to do is go to Caboodle Ranch on Facebook or Google it and you'll get a chance to sample a little bit of Heaven!
--Tom

 





  


 


 


 

 

12 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Caboodle Ranch is a wonderful place!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Mishkat said...

We're sending many purrs to Craig for being such a wonderful human! We love the photos of him with the cats.

Brian's Home Blog said...

The human is my hero!!! I wish we could do that too!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

This is a wonderful place and we are very thankful to Father Tom for sharing this with us.
The Ranch looks like such a wonderful, magical place. What lucky cats they are.
~ML

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I've thought about what it might be like to have an all-cat congregation. Of course, it would be nice to see everyone running to hear one of my sermons..heheheh starting with the one about the loaves and fishes...

Craig Grant is a good man. I found out it's all his own money and there are about 150 cats right now enjoying his wonderful place! I want to shout-out to Nanette, too, who helps him with emails and such.
xoxoxo

Hannah and Lucy said...

This looks like paradise for cats and how lucky the kittie tenants are. We are sending our thanks and purrayers Craig for a kittie paradise on earth.
Luv and whiskery kisses Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Beth Hoffman said...

What a truly wonderful man! Bless Craig for his kind and generous heart!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

This what Heaven will look like! Lucky kitties have no cares and worries anymore! God Bless those who love and help their fellow kitties....we researched and found that their are almost 500 kitties now!
Love Miss Peach

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Holy cow, Miss Peach, 500 kitties? Thanks for the update!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Look at all of those precious babies! I would be in heaven!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Oh I had to come back and see these fortunate and loved babies and the man with the most loving heart I know. I love what Miss Peach said..this will be what heaven looks like ..kitties who are happy and well and have no worry or fear. Only love because they are innocent.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I hope everyone visited the Caboodle Ranch website. Wouldn't it be great if every state had one?