Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Airs Above the Ground

You didn't know my spiritual connections would enable me to levitate, did you? Mary Lou threw some morsels on the floor for me to eat which is not unusual. Rising up from the ground due to anti-gravitational ecstacy, is. Actually, it's the way the picture was taken, me against the white linoleum in the rectory kitchen, her roosters and roses rug out of the shot.

Speaking of Mary Lou, she has a birthday this month. Nobody knows how old she is except Jack, and he's not telling. I think she's in her fifties, younger than Jack and a heck of a lot better-looking. Just kidding!

So, be good. We're doing an evening prayerfest Mass on Thursday to help people keep their resolutions. Mine is to remember always to say hello to new friends like Everycat and try to be kind to Vinnie Blackwhisker even though he's living in sin. 

If you need a quick Hail Mary, let me know.
                                                                                                    --Tom

1 comment:

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Holy cow! Here I am visiting some old posts after putting on my 100th, and I'm discovering I had 0, zip, nada, nyet comments on this post? Holy Mary, Mother of Cod...

Glad I'm seeing more people now...

(Tom w/ a furry comment from the future!)