Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, October 25, 2021

Hallo! Hallo! Anybody There?

Happy Monday, furriends!

The end of this week brings us Halloween. I don't know how much the holiday really means to us cats, but we do know those of us (not me) with all black fur might have a little too much attention paid and we need to be careful.

To me, black cats are the coolest. They are mysterious, magical and their eyes tempt you to look into their souls. Like my friend Cosmo who comes around once in a while to say hello. (Yeah, I noticed it, too. He's put on a little weight. He always talks about livin' the good life!)

This photo was taken in the spring/summer when he really makes it a point to visit. If I see him this week I'll wish him a happy Halloween, tell him we'll have treats for him if he insists on venturing out past nightfall!

For all of you, I hope you have a good week and a happy Halloween next weekend. Here's one of my special graphics to celebrate!




14 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely graphic. I hope Cosmo stays safely indoors on Halloween.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Happy Halloween back at you, and stay safe inside!

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, we LURV black cats; we are currently owed by three housepanthers.
Sweetie likes to sit on my chest as I lay in bed, reading.
Da Boyz crawl on me as I stretch out on the futon; they keep me toasty warm!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe cosmo; naybor dood oh tom, bridget & penny...stay safe thiz week buddy....houz pantherz IZ de kewlest; tomz rite on that !! :) ☺☺♥♥

happee week a head two everee one anda happee earl lee howl o ween :) ♥♥☺☺

Furries said...

That's a great Halloween graphic. We usually put out some decorations for Halloween, but haven't done it yet this year. I guess we should get to it, before the holiday comes & goes. Our black cat Raven was one of the gentlest kitties we've had.

The Island Cats said...

Well, you know how I feel about black cats, Tom…they ROCK! ~Ernie

pilch92 said...

Black cats are great. I currently have 2 and I have 4 angels. Have a Happy Halloween!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Halloween to all of you too!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Happy Halloween! We hope Cosmo stays safe.

Cathy Keisha said...

Better tell Cosmo to lie low this weekend. Little humans are cruel especially ones with eggs and flour and TP.

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Halloween, sweet pals. Please tell Cosmo to stay inside and safe on Halloween, okay?

Smudge said...

He won't admit it to me, but I know dad's most favorite is his old pal Angel Orbit, a sleek panther mancat who was his closest companion for 22 years. Happy Halloween, y'all.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable! We hope you had a purrfect Halloween!

Katie Isabella said...

I know you had a good Halloween-- and Bridget was nominated to get you all groomed up for today! Tom. I swear, you are such a mancat! But...Bridget is a lady cat and does what she is prone to do AS a lady cat. Was that a strange sentence? I'm Mistress of strange sentences. "Run on" sentences too!!

I must say, I would not mind making the acquaintance of Cosmo seen there amongst the flowers! I shall leave my calling card in the salver there on your hall table. Please present it to him next opportunity if it is convenient.

XXOO