Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Zippidy Doo Dah!

 Hi, friends!

Oh, happy day!

Another week and the temps are getting warmer and I've been busy checking out all the smells and goings-on outside. The windows are only open for a little while when it's the absolute warmest, but we'll take it!

You know what? It seems when I'm happiest, my cuteness, adorableness, and sweetness are off the charts!!


Wanna know a secret?

The reason I'm so happy here is because I just finished lunch and I had a wonderful helping of sardines!! They're rich in Omega 3s the housekeeper says, so really good for me. She buys them canned in water and I have them every couple of weeks or so as a special treat. They're not my main course which is usually chicken and herring, but off to the side. You ought to try them!

~Tom


14 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Whoa....we've never had sardines! Thanks for the tip.

The Florida Furkids

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You are lucky Tom to get such delicacies to eat! We are NOT so lucky!

Furries said...

Spring fresh air and warmth is always enjoyable. I'm glad you were ale to enjoy some sardines.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, we had sardines once but they never came back, yes, they are good!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You do look very happy! It has got warmer here too, but forecast to get colder again at the weekend. Long before we had the boys we had a cat who liked sardines in tomato sauce. Only thing was he would lick all the sauce off and leave the sardines.

The Island Cats said...

I think I’m going to pester the mom until she gets me some sardines!

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, you certainly look happy!
The Hubby was a sardine fiend, until we became vegan.
Betcha I can talk him into buying a tin or two as cat treats, though!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom that sounds like a really nice special treat! Glad to see you smiling and having fun with those spring scents

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we certainly understand how that would make you happy, Tom! Happy Spring!

Katie Isabella said...

Gosh Tom I will ask mom to remember to get me some.

Catscue said...

Sardines?! Pawsome, we'll have to try some of those!

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Fresh spring breezes and sardines!
Wow!
Purrs,
Winston and Emily

Smudge said...

Say Tom, you sound just like my dad. He can't get enough sardines, he says. Mom makes sure he only gets one can every 2 weeks or so, but he says before he met and fell hopelessly in love with her he'd think nothing of keeping lots of cans on hand and eating them all the time. He does prefer them in oil vs. water.

Katie Isabella said...

Mommy may try me again with them...and no gabepentin.