Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Take A Deep Breath

Hi, friends!

I know - from the title of this piece, it can be nothing other than a pep talk for the week ahead.

How did we get into this mess? The housekeeper listens to this old guy on the radio every Friday afternoon and he plays music from the last hundred years. She likes him and the stuff he plays. He also reads the headlines from newspapers. Boy, things weren't that much better with conflicts brewing in Europe, then the Far East...it's always something!

Anyway, masking, distancing and vaccines should do the trick, if everything can just get on track!! Like we got through other challenging times, we'll get through this one.

Housekeeper: You're just full of words of wisdom for a cat who sleeps half the time.

Tom: It may look to you like sleep, but my brain is on rewind, ready to think positive!

Housekeeper: 💖 



15 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are a deep thinker Tom, and that means you talk a lot of sense. I have been sheltering since early March last year and have hardly been out. Hopefully we will get our vaccine at the end of this month, then when lock down eases maybe get some sense of normalcy back. I even put my mask on to answer the door even though I stand well back.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, Tom...you are so wise!
I make The Hubby turn off the news, because he starts yelling and I'm the only one who hears it...and I don't like being yelled at!
And I adore your idea that you aren't sleeping all of the time; you are simply rebooting.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

So right Tom, the black plague went away eventually, but it came back three times! At least no rodents will get into YOUR house!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is some pretty wise window whiffing!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Yep, masks and social distancing will get us through. Our mom had her first vaccine!

Catscue said...

Good thoughts Tom, thanks buddy!

Ivan from WMD said...

We've made our mom read this, Tom!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom we really need to help the parents see that things are moving forward and that a cat just has a different view of the pace. We are better at relaxing and waiting. Humans always rush rush rush

catladymac said...

Wise words from you and the housekeeper !

meowmeowmans said...

You are a super wise dude, Tom! Way to set the tone for the week!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....whoa...awesum thinkin on yur part when yur brane iz a re wind :)

yur gettin.. whatz that werd...fill oh sophie ther buddy !!! ☺☺♥♥

Furries said...

Closing your eyes and imagining the best is wise advice right now.

Smudge said...

So wise indeed. That photo and words at the bottom are priceless!

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

I suspect you are a bit of a philosopher :)
Enjoy our ponderings, Tom!

Katie Isabella said...

TOm, you truly outdid yourself here.