Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Soft Flannel and Nip Dreams

Hi, again, friends!

Okay - so the groundhog gets beaten up every year when he comes up with a prediction we don't like. I heard he predicted six more weeks of winter. Gee, ya think? It's February! I do have a question, though: What about in the southern hemisphere, does it mean they have six more weeks of summer? I don't think a hoggie has weighed in from down under, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, just some mewsings from yours truly with nothing better to do than eat, sleep, get nipped out and think.

Bridget has the right idea. For those of us facing more winter (as usual) it means cozy flannels. She doesn't look as if she'll be leaving that bedding anytime soon!


She has this whole sleeping-in-style thing going on, too! When not in soft sheets, then there's the cushy tushying of pillows, certainly a snooze made in heaven!



As for me, anything soft and horizontal is good enough for me, as long as my belly is full, I'm warm, and my dreams take me to lands where the wild nip grows...and Bridget leaves her usual sleeping perches to be by my side.



Just a few of our sleeping arrangements.

What are yours?

One happy snoozer,

~TOM~

11 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

she looks so cozy

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Perhaps in the southern hemisphere they did out a wombat instead of a groundhog.
Sleeping arrangements here are very flexible and locations depend on the time of day or night--to numerous too enumerate here. Monday is a good day to sleep through and miss we think.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz....we haz never meeted a nap spot we dinna like...N thanx bee ta cod we haz never had ta nap under a burd inn fested tree !!! :) ♥♥♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Cozy flannels and pillows sure works for me too!

Catscue said...

OMC you two are so adorable! Stay warm kitties! Since you asked, my coworkers in Argentina are enjoying a warm and sunny summer right now and have no idea what a Ground Hog is.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Bridget is looking very warm an cosy, and it is good of her to let you cosy up to her.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We think the same Tom and Inquiring Cats Want to Know! What great sleeping arrangements you have Bridget makes a fine kitty blanket

Ivan from WMD said...

We like our mom. She's cushy!

meowmeowmans said...

And another question, Tom: how is the groundhog going to ever see its own shadow with all the humans and pawparazzi crowding around it and blocking all of the sun???

Furries said...

I never thought about the southern hemisphere having 6 more weeks of summer! Bridget sure knows how to get comfy. And cuddling with another kitty is always cozy.

Katie Isabella said...

I have some soft cushy places including my mom, just like Izzy and Ivan!