Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Humbug Day (Who Knew?)

 Hi, friends!

Okay, so somebody decided it would be Humbug Day today. I guess we need a day where we can be Grinchy, Crabby Appletons, and all around no-so-happy with the world, kinda like A Christmas Carol's Bah Humbug, right?

Not to worry..even my bah-humbugs are funny sometimes! 


"And, you were saying...??"

Anyway, it's the Christmas season, so we wanted to share not only our wishes for holiday blessings for all of you, our friends, but also to look back at some of the Christmas highlights of celebrations past.


                                                                  

And, finally, a poem about Christmas Eve


Penny spending her first Christmas with us!
                               


MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY CHANUKAH AND ALL THE REST OF THE CELEBRATIONS THAT LIFT OUR HEARTS THIS TIME OF YEAR!
💝💝💝

All our love,

TOM, BRIDGET, PENNY & HOUSEKEEPER MOM JULIE MACKENZIE




                                                                

10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was such a fun post! I'm glad sweet Penny is with you for her first Christmas. Merry Christmas from all of us!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Never seen a mouse tree. How many are on it, I will not count. Could be a contest. Excitement for Penny her first holiday. Merry Christmas to all from the inhabitants of the Feline Cafe!

Catscue said...

Humbug Day - MOL! I think you make a darling grump Tom. I just love the poem, in the end there was nothing for the kitties to grouse about, or maybe there was a grouse - MOL!

Eastside Cats said...

Merry, Merry!
Happy, Happy!

Ivan from WMD said...

Sweet memories, Tom. We wish the same to all of you.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Merry Christmas to all of you! I like your mouse tree, my boys would have loved one like that. Penny will have a wonderful Christmas with all of you.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We really enjoyed all those sweet memories with you all. Tom you make a great humbug MOL

Furries said...

That's a cute tree and a very creative poem. I hope Penny enjoys her first Christmas with you.

meowmeowmans said...

That mouse tree looks delicious, um, we mean NICE! MOL

We are glad Penny is celebrating her first Christmas with you, sweet friends. Wishing you he happiest of holiday seasons, and a love-filled new year.

Smudge said...

What a fantastically festive post and poem, too! Here's hoping y'all have the Merriest Christmas ever!!