Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, July 6, 2020

Bridget Goes A-Hunting

Hi, everyone!

Hope you had a good Fourth. Ours was a quiet one. In between naps, I visited friends online, providing my two cents and well wishes in between naps.

Bridget was busy, not taking much to amuse her. She gets all excited when she hears activity under furniture or in the kitchen. It's like she wants in on a world that makes it a point to hide from us.







"Beware!" I cry as she sticks her nose where it probably doesn't belong. She is the curiosityest cat I've ever known. Sometimes, I'll look with her and see nothing. Of course, it gets the housekeeper off her fanny as she comes over and looks, bringing a flashlight.

"There it is!" A web with a tiny bug in it as Bridget swishes her tail with glee. All that fuss over something you can barely see.

Not me. I have better things to do and I've been there, done that. At 11 years old, I'm much more relaxed and take the world in stride. Bridget is only 6 and she's still making discoveries.

The only discoveries I've made are mats, groundhogs out the window, or an occasional bee flying by, asking for directions..hehe

Have a happy Monday, friends!

Tom and Bridget  xoxoxo


11 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, Bridget just has different hobbies than you do, and it's nice that you allow her to express herself without getting all pompous and overbearing.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey, sometimes discoveries can be cool, sometimes they make you run!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

4th sounded like the D Day invasion! Nice to see someone doing some Monday cleaning and dusting! 🐈

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....at leest yur sisturr iz keepin everee one in de houz hold safe...coz like what if her saw a ta ran choola !!!! yea~~~~~~ WHOA !!! ☺☺☺♥♥

Catscue Catmom said...

Bridget is the ultimate huntress, you go girl! Tom, you are the ultimate clowder leader, let the girls do all the work and chillax - MOL!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Bridget is very determined with her hunting.

The Island Cats said...

We wonder what Bridget was hunting. Whatever it was...we hope she caught it!

meowmeowmans said...

Tom, Bridgie sounds like our Ava, always keen for making new discoveries. Gracie is like you, pal. At 20 years old, she's more interested in napping and getting pets and snuggles. :)

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Bridget is an amazing hunter! Excellent surveillance skills :)

Furries said...

My favorite thing to hunt is spider webs & dust bunnies. Hopefully Bridget never discovers anything that hunts her in return (like a creepy bug).

Smudge said...

Oh, you know, I still do that stuff even at my advanced age. Some of us will never out-old some behaviors!