Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday, Monday

Monday knows following two days of r&r is a hard act to follow.

So what does it do? It gets mean. It doesn't care what anybody thinks.

Mondays don't want to be liked.

Okay..so now I have an explanation. That's my job as a cat priest. To explain the world around me as I see it. What do you think?

This is just one of my many musings when I'm in that in-between state, when you're not quite awake and you're not asleep, either.

I think I'll return to the land of slumber that I love. My own philosophizing always makes me sleepy, anyhow.

Later!


Have a good week, friends!

Tom



12 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Enjoy your snooze. We think we'll do the same thing.

The Florida Furkids

Eastside Cats said...

Don't you two look comfy cozy there, Tom!
Cats don't need to philosophize...you already know the meaning of life, but you just won't tell the rest of us...

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

You need to relax on Monday in order to get over all that chilling out on the weekend!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happee week two ewe N bridget dood....N we think monday could bee mor kinder N tell uz it will bee mor like caturday N SUN day...bet everee one wood like monday then ;) ♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Monday tries to be a mean old day, but when you are retired it doesn't seem as bad.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Count me in on the slumber thing, every day works!

Ivan from WMD said...

Yes, it's best to nap whenever possible!

The Island Cats said...

Well, to us Monday is just any other day...so we ignore its meanness.

Furries said...

Our Mondays are usually exhausting because we don't go to work and spend the day doing home chores. Nice foot rest you have there!

Cathy Keisha said...

I can see how Monday doesn't like to be liked. They even made a song about it.

Smudge said...

"Land of slumber that I love"- hats off to you, my friend!

meowmeowmans said...

Napping on Monday sounds great to us, Tom!