Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 18, 2019

What's Not Funny?

Hey, kids..furkids, that is!

Howyadoin'? I have a problem. I don't think my friend Bridget understands me. Or, at least, my sense of humor. I think the world around me is good for a lot of laughs, but she doesn't see it that way.

Here's a good for instance:


I like her and all, but she often either misses the point in our conversations or has no sense of what's funny, like with the car looking in the window. I wonder if that'll change over time as she gets to know me better, maybe?

Meanwhile, she is completely unaware that I can read her mind. I know EXACTLY what she's thinking. Heck, I think I'll find me a new girlfriend..

This one's awfully cute, though.
Maybe she's just pretending and is secretly enjoying my comment.
Maybe that's it!

Remember, furry friends:

A man who laughs always keeps a smile inside - (Ancient feline cave scratching)
Tom


11 comments:

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Hey, she's leaning on you, that's a good sign that she likes you! Or wants to steal your warms... ;)

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, I'm thinking that she just doesn't want you to get all egoy on her, so she ignores your puns...but look, she's using you as a pillow, so that counts, doesn't it?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

She just doesn't appreciate your humour, but keep working at it, Tom.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I love having a smile inside too!

Ivan from WMD said...

Girl cats are a mystery, Tom!

Tamago said...

I think she will get your sense of humor at one point :-D

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...gurlz bee like that ya noe....they canna help it...how manee timez haz we made a funnee onlee for cuzin dai$y ta say we iz hogz N grozz N stuff like that !! ;) ♥♥

catladymac said...

As Garrison Keillor once observed, "God writes a lot of comedy." As a Church Cat you should certainly know that too, Tom !

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom you both look purrty cozy up there by the window. Stick with her for a bit as the good looking ones are hard to find

meowmeowmans said...

Ladycats are mysterious, indeed, Tom!

Katie Isabella said...

GIRLS! (except me of course!)