Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, July 22, 2019

Lunar Logic

I'm always thinking.

For a cat, that's not a bad thing. There are some of us who believe in total action. Climbing here, clawing there, purring at all sorts of things.

I've always liked the expression "Love you to the moon and back" which is something that peeps have come up with.

Some peeps actually think it's too limiting. Why stop there? Keep going, mate and really express your feelings!!

Others ask why we don't just stop at the moon. It still conveys the sentiment. Besides, there was a lunar landing which peeps are celebrating. Any lunar trip is pretty special no matter how you look at it, I guess.

Here's my version just for us cats, having absolutely nothing to do with the moon at all.


We love in our own way.

Besides, there's too much love traffic going back and forth to the moon, anyway.

Tom

14 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood we iz crackin UP !!!!! two de bowl N back......♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺☺☺

Robin said...

That's a pretty awesome compliment coming from a kitty! My cats tell me that the food bowl is one of the most important places in their lives. Maybe cats have a better idea as many of us humans would actually find a trip to the moon to be pretty frightening.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I trade that love you to the moon comment a lot back and forth. I don't really know what it means literally either. Cats don't howl at the moon. I don't even think they look up to see it really,, but the light from it is handy!

Catscue Catmom said...

MOL! To your bowl and back?! MOL!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yes Tom, to the bowl and back sounds about right.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That does have a nice ring to it!

Ivan from WMD said...

At our house, the distance to the bowl would be very short indeed!

Katie Isabella said...

yer right, Tom!!!

pilch92 said...

That is sweet :)

Cathy Keisha said...

I've always hated the expression "love you to the moon and back." It's stupid. I like your's much better. Vast improvement.

Tamago said...

I love your version, Tom! And it's true, there is too much love traffic to/from the moon. But to/from your bowl - it's exclusively for you :-)

Eastside Cats said...

Sorry, Tom...I'm not buying it! Kitties love goes beyond noms...right? RIGHT?!?

meowmeowmans said...

Ha! To the bowl and back ... yeah, that's kind of how it works here, too, Tom!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom that is a cats sentiment fur sure. Great