Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 12, 2018

What Was He Thinking?

The housekeeper likes to take pictures of me. It's a nuisance, but how can I blame her?

Get a load of this mancat gorgeousness!


Is this as big as she can make it? Well...! Ok, then.

The key to good photos as many of you already know, is in the pose. It turns out the best ones are when I'm thinking. I was deep in thought when she snapped this.


And this..catching the placement of the paws.




Our thinking poses are just as important as this man's here.




(I have to ask: Between you and me, isn't it strange that someone would take their clothes off and then sit down and think?)

Do you have a thinking pose?

With ever the inquiring mind, I remain,
Faithfully yours,
Tom









9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Maybe that dude is trying to remember where he left his clothes!

Colehaus Cats said...

Oh, good photos from your housekeeper! We do have thinking poses. Most of those involve studying the inside of our eyelids!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

"Brian" took the words out of my mouth. Posing is an art form to be sure. It takes lots of practice!

felinecafe.net

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we iz crackin up at yur ree mark... and brian's !!!!!!!

by de way yur lookin most handsum two day !! ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are obviously an expert in paw placement for maximum impact.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We've always thought that statue was quite strange ourselves! You sure are looking amazing though :)

Ivan from WMD said...

Yep, our thinking positions are always curled up in a ball!

pilch92 said...

You are quite handsome. XO

Mr Puddy said...

I’m pretty sure you are thinking about treats !