Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Snake Charmer

Hope all of you had a good weekend. Of course, it was St. Patrick's Day on Saturday, but so unseasonably cold, there wasn't much revelry. I had treats that came in a green package anyway, so I was all set with that.

Here is what we posted on my Page in case you missed it:


As you can see, though never mentioned, cats did have a role in driving the snakes out of Ireland. Wish we could still do that today, but any more snakes now come in different shapes and sizes and even as humans, so we can't really tell what's what.

Don't I fit nicely in Patty's robe? He promised me a little Guinness and a bite of his shepherd's pie after our work was done.

Have a good week! (It's the first day of spring tomorrow, or so they say...)

Ever your obedient servant
and snake charmer,
Tom

10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I think you would do a good job getting rid of the snakes!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I think I would stay in that robe for a while until the snakes are gone!

felinecafe

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....frank lee if we had ta drive snakez, we wood hirez a cab coz they scare de be jezuz outta uz.....st patrick waz one....brave......dood !!!!!!! ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is the perfect place for you in St. Patrick's robe.

The Island Cats said...

Tom, good thing you were there to help with those snakes.

Ivan from WMD said...

We love the way you're with St. Patrick, Tom!

catladymac said...

Isn't March 17 also St Gertrude's Day ? She is the Patron of Cats ! Yesterday (3/19) was the day the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano.
Good job on the snakes, And I've heard St,P had an encounter with Nessie too. Or maybe that was St,Brendan.

meowmeowmans said...

We sure are glad you were there to help St. Patrick drive out those snakes, St. CATrick Tom!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

You DO look very nice in that there robe. That comfy little hammocky spot fits you PURRfectly! PURRS

Anonymous said...

i KNEW it!
A Cat would get rid of those snakes so fast!!!
Purrs
Marv